IU faculty and staff benefit from sharing details of their work in and with communities via Collaboratory in the following ways:
- Builds evidence of one's engagement as integrated across teaching, research, and service.
- Gives faculty/staff public recognition as a community engaged scholar.
- Enables faculty to demonstrate their ability to establish and grow partnerships that are mutually beneficial, reciprocal and deeply connected to building community trust.
- Gives each of their projects a publicly searchable landing page and able to be shared or referenced (e.g., eDossier).
- Shares your research and expertise with potential funders, donors, and partners.
- Contributes to IU's mission of recruiting the next generation of engaged scholars by allowing candidates to see how their community engaged scholarship can flourish at IU.
- Find others across one's campus as well as IU who are also doing community engaged work or working with the same community partners.